Search Site

Enforcement of Final Divorce Orders Just Got Easier

A new rule, Vermont Rule of Family Procedure 4.3 (f), has been added to incorporate civil court remedies for enforcing a final judgment.  Family court litigants whose spouse has failed to follow a court order for division of property or payment of spousal maintenance may now request a writ of attachment or trustee process.

If a court grants a writ of attachment, a law enforcement officer in possession of the writ can literally take the ordered property from your ex-spouse and deliver it to you.

Through trustee process, a court can, for example, garnish your ex-spouses wages and order a portion of them to be paid to you to satisfy your judgment.

Motions must be filed with the court if you seek one of these remedies.  Lawyers at Wagner Law can advise you about your options, and handle the case for you.

Contact us

Please fill out the form below and someone from our office will contact you

Quick Contact Form

Payment Options
We accept personal checks
MasterCard, Visa, American Express
Discover, Diner’s Club, JCB
Union Pay
Most Debit cards and ACH transfers
Our Office
  • Middlebury Vermont Office
    62 Court Street
    Middlebury, Vermont 05753
    Phone: 802-388-4026
    Fax: 802-388-2021